Arapahoe-Holbrook Mask Requirement 10-9-2020
Today, October 8, 2020, Arapahoe-Holbrook Public School has three staff members with confirmed cases of COVID-19, a fourth staff member who has symptoms and is in quarantine and a fifth who had direct contact in the building and has been quarantined. We also have a number of students who are quarantined due to direct contact who have been or who are currently quarantined.
The Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department has set the Risk Dial for Furnas County in the Orange/High Risk category due to the increase in cases. Based on this information and for the best interest of our students and staff, the following will be implemented.
EFFECTIVE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020:
- ALL K-12 STUDENTS AND ALL STAFF MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACEMASKS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Facemasks are required while riding in school transportation.
- The school has masks for those who do not bring their own.
- Masks must be worn properly over the mouth and nose except during an aerobic activity.
- Layered cloth facemasks are preferred but disposal masks are acceptable.
- Face shields may be worn in addition to facemasks but not as a replacement for a facemask.
- VISITORS to the building will be LIMITED to ESSENTIAL NEEDS AND ONLY WITH PRIOR NOTICE.
- NO SPECTATORS will be permitted for INDOOR ACTIVITIES.
- Masks for spectators are not required for outdoor activities but are strongly encouraged. Social distancing is required.
- No concessions will be available for any event.
- Workers, coaches, managers and players MUST WEAR MASKS WHILE ON THE SIDELINE.
We know our students interact with their friends and others outside of school but the role of district leadership is to provide a safe environment for learning while they are our in our care.
We thank you for your cooperation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Perez or Dr. Griffith